Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Travel recap and back to reality!

Getting home from Tucson was definitely an experience on Sunday. Got up at 4:30 for my 4:45 shuttle to the airport from Lou's. 4:55 came and no shuttle, so I called Tucson Airport Shuttle and asked where my ride was. After some looking, the gentleman on the other end said that my reservation had been cancelled? WTF? I have no idea how that could have happened, if I didn't cancel it. Someone in their office must have put the reservation in the cancel box or something. I mean, I didn't want to leave Tucson, but I was supposed to fly out in 1.5hr. The airlines say get to the airport 1.5hr early, and I hadn't even left Lou's.

I started to panic, as the company wouldn't call me back with another ride. I woke Lou up, probably much to his displeasure, but he got up and took me to the airport. Good thing the Southwest line wasn't to long, and I got my bags and biked checked in, and headed to security. After security, I was able to sit down for about 10 minutes before they started to board. Good timing to say the least. I was glad I didn't sit at Lou's and wait for a ride from the shuttle, they called me when I was getting on the plane....Yeah, a little late! They still hadn't figured out what happened.

Anyway, smooth flights to Denver and Minneapolis where my college roommate TPow picked me up and I was headed back to Cedar Falls. Arrival was about 6am, or 11.5hr out travel later! I was pretty beat, but it was great to see Bethany's smiling face again! The first thing she pointed out was my new tan lines, of course! We spent the rest of the night catching up and watched "OutSourced" A very interesting movie about a job being moved from the US to India.

Now back in the swing of things, I had my first classes in two weeks yesterday. Good thing is that I was able to get things accomplished in Tucson so that I wasn't to far behind, other than getting notes. Training is pretty slow this week, with some easy recovery rides before the weekend of racing. I am racing collegiate at Iowa this weekend with Finn and Will Greenwood. Hope to get some good legs!

The month of April is pretty booked with work and racing. Going to Tour of Hermann in Missouri on the 9/10, Minnesota collegiate 23/24 and Iowa City weekend 30/1. Gonna be fun!

Good luck to my American Equity teammates at Hillsboro Roubaix this weekend!

No comments: