Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tucson Day 7 Recovery Day Spin

Today was originally supposed to be the second day up Mt. Lemmon. After our 110 mile day yesterday however, all of our legs were trashed and I know I felt as though if I had to go uphill, there would be no power in the engine room.

Lou and Chad agreed, and we decided to hang out all morning and head out for a 2 hour ez spin around 11am. I still woke up around 7:30am, but had a couple cups of coffee and my normal breakfast of oats, raisins, cinnamon and a banana mixed together. I got back into bed and watched the Dwars Von Flanderan race via Sporza and just relaxed with my feet up and VitalSox compression socks on.

Around 11am, we set off to the east side of Tucson. On our way we met up with a couple cyclists. Cole House (Real Cyclist) and Logan Loader (Ride Clean) were going back home after some motorpacing. Along with them was the infamous Gray Wolf. This guy moved to Tucson from Oregon, after what I found out was a career as a golf pro. He rides his bike almost everyday and hangs out at coffee shops. A funny guy with a wardrobe that matches his personality.


We continued on our way and ended up at Le Buzz cafe. This was a nice place where we sat and each got a cookie and some coffee. We then headed back for Star Pass to relax for the rest of the day. Lou and I headed up to the pool to get some sun and relaxation.


Now we continue our recovery day with a great meal. Tomorrow will be another 100+ mile day with a trip up Mt. Lemmon and some hard climbing efforts. More pictures to come from that ride!!!


No comments: