Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tucson Day 1

Hey everyone, well I guess it has been since November since I last blogged...wow, oops! Still in grad school and working.

Today I flew down to Tucson for American Equity/ Velosports Spring Camp here for the next week. Lou Waugaman, Paul Deninger, Chad Bishop, TJ Tollakson will be riding and gaining some great fitness!!! We are actually participating in the Tucson Bicycle Classic over the next three days, so stay tuned for recaps/results!

Flew out of Minneapolis this morning, thanks to Tpow for his hospitality over the past 2 days! Also thank you to the Bike Fit Guru for his great bike fit and new custom insoles for my Bontrager RXL shoes! He was very knowledgeable and did a great job, my position feels great, and the insoles are very nice.

Paul picked me up at the airport and we got back to TJ's house and got my bike all put together. Headed over to Lou's for a spin to Seguaro National Park and back. Ended up with 60miles for the day, and a good start to my tan with the 90degree temps and 20mph winds. On the way back we rode through the University of Arizona Campus, where the NCAA Regionals are going on. Stopped at a cool bakery place and had an awesome Mahi Mahi burrito, per Lou's advice. It was amazing!!!!! Now just hanging out at TJ's and trying to re cooperate for the time trial tomorrow evening. I am in the last 5 cat 2's to start and so hopefully Chad and I can put down a good showing. I am just out here for training and I am not expecting much, especially hauling a 1300gr powertap wheel around!! Gonna be a great time though.

Trying to get the camera up and running, forgot to get batteries.... Here are two links of our bikes in Seguaro Nat. Park and of the Mahi Mahi Burritos!!!



I'll check in after the 5km TT tomorrow!

No comments: