Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Race...another Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

Went down to Eagle Point for the first crit of the season, well even if there are not tight 90degree corners, it still makes for a great race in a great venue put on by the Free Flight guys. 

Only had 15 in the race or so, another poor showing more from MN, WI, Ill as guys from Des Moines it is under-stable didn't drive for the race. Started off pretty fast, like a normal Iowa Crit, and by the end of the 3rd lap or so..we were down to 7 riders. I saw some guys already trying to cut out on pulls or falling behind on some of the pulls, I put in an acceleration, looked back and I was by myself. I decided to grow some balls and go for it, so I was by myself for 7 laps. I could always see the gap at around the same time gap, but with 2 laps to go, I just messed up another race and didn't put the hammer down. I was caught at the start of the last lap, and sat in.....sprinted for 3rd. I  was so mad at myself, I had great legs and if I just wouldn't have been a pussy, probably would have won. 

Oh well, went out for 2 hours today...tempo and the legs felt good. Im confident for the weekend in Iowa City, one of my big objectives for the year. 

No comments: