Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Max Effort

Did my VO2 Max Test in Exercise Physiology today. What they did was take a Ergometrical Bike and attach a tube to my mouth, and I ride. I rode at a 1watt/2sec increase. By the time it was over, I had gone over 400 watts(much harder than pushing it on land). My heart rate got up t0 191.

My VO2 max came out to be 60.2ml/kg/min. For a person under 30, 50 is considered excellent.

When you look at it, the highest was Flip with a 73. Lance Armstrong has a VO2 max of 83. That is unbelieveable.


After the workout inside, I moved outside...Smart Move? Maybe not!

I rode for a while, and by the time I was getting back....I had pretty much bonked. Didn't re-fuel with anything after the test.

It was a fun day, but I gotta go hit the books and study stuff. Ahhhhh College.

No comments: