Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break!

Writing this from Minneapolis, Minnesota as I await my flights tomorrow with Bethany down to Hollywood, Florida. Will be spending the week with her at her aunt and uncles house in sunny and warm weather. Spent the morning at the D3 national swim meet at the U of M, watching 3 fellow swimmers compete. A great end to the season for them.

Last 4 weeks have yielded some great training in my legs, much more than I ever have gotten in by this time of the season. Extremely excited to get onto the race scene here in April. While in Florida, will be taking a well deserved rest week and spending less time on the bike and making the time count, and spending quite a bit of time on the beach. Looking ahead, should see some foreign races on my schedule first. As a part of Mercy-Specialized, I will be attending Hillsboro Roubaix for my first race. A chance to test my legs as a newly christened cat 2. Iowa City weekend should be next and then the first big test will be competing in the Joe Martin Stage Race in Fayettville, Arkansas.

From there, depending on where I will end up going to graduate school kind of determines my racing schedule. I would like to go to Tour of Ohio, Tour of America's Dairyland and some other regional races. Hope to compete in most of the local racing scene in Minnesota,Wisconsin and Iowa as well.

Excited to get home after Spring Break as I will be able to pick up my gear and new team bike from the great guys at Geoffs in Iowa City!

No comments: