Thursday, April 1, 2010

Training Training Training

With only 7 weeks to go of my undergraduate career at Luther, I am definitely trying to slack off and not put much emphasis on school :), at least in the classes that I don't care about. All of my graduate schools have my transcripts and I should hear from the last two soon. Minnesota State Mankato and UNI are the last, and probably the two I am looking at going.

Been putting some good quality hours on the bike this week since coming back from a rest week in Florida. 3 days in and already up to 9 hours, with another good block of training this weekend while at home in Cedar Rapids for Easter Break. Decorah has to be some of the best riding around the midwest. Being located in NE Iowa, the hills and climbing is awesome and you can easily ride on roads 1 time in a week without crossing it again. Plus it helps when you have a Cat 1 rider in Novian Whitsit to kick your ass everyday on the bike, will only get stronger! Another ex-cross country runner still living in the area, Karl "Moose" Larson is also a force to be watched.


Novian on left and Karl

Next week will be my first race as a Cat 2, and its a big one. Hillsboro Roubaix down by St. Louis. A 90 mile road race with some of the really good domestic pro teams in the midwest attending, Kenda GearGrinder, Mercy Cycling Team just to name a few. Look to be in the mix and not just sit in all the time. Going down with most of the Mercy team, should be a good squad. Jeff, Duey, Adam, Andy and myself for the pro race.

Just picked up my team gear today and will post some pictures soon of the new ride!

No comments: