Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back in the Game

This weekend marks almost a month since I have raced. I went through the first overtrained/fatigue cycle of my career, and I hope the worst is behind me. It was amazing what 5 days off the bike did for my psyche.

Now I am back in action this weekend at the Bikes, Blues, BBQ races in Clear Lake. This is also the State Crit on Saturday night and an 80mile RR on Sunday. I have done well at these races in the past, but I have no idea where I am at form wise. It has been liberating just riding by feel, with no power data, Joule computer, etc. I am going to go into these races with a positive attitude, and no real expectations, just to see where I am at.

I almost feel butterflies in my stomach as though it is my first race ever....just because of the previous few races this year, that have been totally downhill, but I feel as though I will be fine and surprise myself. We will see.

More after the races.

No comments: