Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 2...Crash Fest?

Day 2, a 40 Mile Crit in Olympia Fields. A Very fast .5 mile crit through a new residential neighborhood. 75 riders took to the start today. Got to the front and stayed there for most of the race, put in an attack and got a small gap, but no one came with. It seems no one will come with when I go, I don't know if its cuz Im not known around here or what. I try to then go with the large teams. Did a couple times and had some small gaps but it was coming to a field sprint. 1 guy jumped with 5 laps to go and won, barely. 2 laps to go a guy crashed going across the finish line, in front of me. Another 2 went down in the first corner on the last lap, in front of me. Then coming to the line, no less then 5 riders went down in certain spots. It was intense!

Came around in 21st, 1 spot out of the money. Shucks!
I did notice on the list, I am the only other Iowa rider. Are there any others coming out at all for the racing?

No comments: